Power Detox Salad with Spicy Zucchini Turmeric Dressing (lfrv)
greens of your choice (I used kale)
Chop everything and put in a large salad bowl.
Spicy Turmeric Zucchini Dressing
turmeric (about a teaspoon)
1 small zucchini or part of a large zucchini
cumin, onion powder, red pepper flakes (to taste)
juice from half a lemon
Blend everything in a blender or food processor. Pour over salad.
Watermelon Gazpacho - perfect for summer.
Low Fat Vegan Spinach with Mung Bean Lentil Dhal
Easy 5 Minute Homemade Jam // Raw, Vegan, Sugar-Free
- 2 cups berries of choice (pictured above is raspberries. you can also use blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, acai berries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- (That’s it!)
- Place the coconut water in the bottom of your high speed blender and then throw in the dates.
- Blend on high until the dates have broken up - about 10 seconds.
- Place the chia seeds and 1 cup of berries into the blender and pulse on LOW just a few times to break up the fruit.
- If you blend on high you will get the consistency of a pudding and not the beautiful seedy, chunky look of jam.
- Now add in the second cup of berries and pulse just a couple of times to break them up.
- Place this mixture in a glass container and cover in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- This will allow the chia seeds to thicken the jam and will give the flavours time to infuse.
- This makes two cups of jam, which will hold in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Pomegranate Ice Cream
(click image for recipe.)